If parents do not immediately dismiss this misconception, their teeth will soon collapse
In fact, it is not uncommon for the babies to be very young, only about 2-3 years old but have lost their teeth. Even the young teeth are completely exhausted, unable to perform the function of chewing and biting anymore.
Many parents nowadays still hold misconceptions about children's oral care. Therefore, it is not rare for babies who are very small, only about 2-3 years old but have lost their teeth. Even the young teeth are completely exhausted, unable to perform the function of chewing and biting anymore.
The period before children changed their teeth, many people still took it lightly because they thought that the layer would not fall off and replace their new teeth. Wait until teething permanently permanent brushing it is not too late. It is a misconception that not only the baby's milk teeth are damaged, affecting their chewing function and eating during this period. But sometimes it also harms the root, causing the permanent teething also adversely affected.
Therefore, parents need to be conscious of protecting their children's teeth right from the start of teething, not having to wait until the child changes their teeth to start taking care.
It is not uncommon for babies to be very young, only about 2-3 years old but have lost their teeth. (Illustration)
Methods of oral protection for children are different at each stage, namely:
- Children under 6 months old: At this time, children usually do not teething, but parents still need to start nurturing a sense of dental protection for children. Parents should gently wipe the baby's lips, tongue and oral cavity with sterile gauze after each feed. It both helps to clean your child's oral cavity, and soon creates a habit and awareness for oral hygiene and that habit will follow you for the rest of your life.
- When your baby starts teething: At this stage, mother can use a soft brush (attached to the fingertips) and a clean, soft cloth towel to clean her mouth. Start by dipping the brush into clean water or physiological saline and then thoroughly and thoroughly brush the sides of the teeth as well as the entire gums. Then finish with a soft cloth to wipe the child's teeth and gums.
- Children over 1 year old: At this time the child is older, parents can use a soft bristle brush and toothpaste to brush their teeth. When oral hygiene for the baby, the mother noted that the bristle brush towards the gumline about 45 degrees compared to the teeth, gently rotate the brush and brush each group of teeth (about 2-3 teeth), brush on all 3 sides. of teeth including outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
Children often dislike toothpaste and swallow toothpaste. Therefore, parents should be careful and need instructions and reminders so that children do not swallow toothpaste. Only use a sufficient amount of toothpaste (for children with small pea or parents can spread a very thin layer on the child's brush). The fluoride in toothpaste will make your teeth stronger.
Parents should help children create oral hygiene habits at least 2 times / day. (Illustration)
Notes for parents:
- Parents should help children create oral hygiene habits at least 2 times / day, after eating and especially before bed. When oral hygiene for babies, mothers should create a fun atmosphere such as telling stories, playing music or singing to children enjoy and remember about oral hygiene with a happy, relaxed mood.
- Parents should periodically take children to the dentist when they are 6 months old to have oral health examination, check, detect and timely take preventative measures for tooth decay. Mom should not wait until a child has cavities or toothache to take him to the dentist.
- Children over 3 years old can use dental floss to clean the inside of teeth.
- Children should be replaced when their bristles start to harden, about every 3 months.
- When children start teething, this is also the time when bacteria that cause oral diseases are easily transmitted from one tooth to another and from one person's mouth to another. For example, passing from mother to baby through kissing, tasting food or sucking on a pacifier before breastfeeding. Therefore, to eliminate infection, parents should not chew or bite food and feed to children, children should not use the same spoon, chopsticks with family members have cavities, avoid sharing a toothbrush .
- 4 food should not be fed to children under 1 year of age, otherwise it will be very dangerous
- The safest ways to supplement calcium for infants
- Appropriate dosage and supplementation of vitamin D for newborns
- 9 old child care concepts, parents think good but doctor shakes his head
- Is it okay for infants with many hiccups and how to treat hiccups quickly and effectively?
VACXIN VIETNAM JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Certificate of Business Registration No. 0107631488 by the Department of Planning and Investment City. Hanoi issued on 11/11/2016
Address: 180 Truong Chinh, Khuong Thuong Ward, Dong Da District, City. Hanoi
Hotline: 028 7300 6595
Working time: From Monday to Sunday
From 7:30 - 17:00 (no lunch break)
117-119 Ly Chinh Thang, Ward 7, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh